Red Fox by Karina Halle

Red Fox - Karina Halle

4,5 stars

I am in awe.

photo mindblown_zps27571a0a.gif

I love you, Karina Halle. You make my life better. You write in the most thrilling, chilling, romantic fashion. You have awoken a huge crush in me for the most manic, eccentric hero I have ever come across. He has a moustache. I hate moustaches. But I love Dex. And Perry.

photo fangirlmode_zps1424d35a.gif

Who gets butterflies in their stomach from reading a book? I do. And it's all your fault, evil writer.

Dex and Perry. Perry and Dex. You are so repressed. You obviously love each other. But you don't do shit about it. You exchange knee-buckling stares, sleep in each other's arms, flirt like mad, almost-kiss all the time... I'm dying here.

photo feelings_zps9452a542.gif

The actual plot was great. Take a former Navajo and now overtly Christian couple living in a ranch in the outskirts of decrepit town of Red Fox, New Mexico. Add plenty of rock-throwing, sheep carcasses and animal harassment, and you've got yourself a nice mystery for "Experiment in Terror", Perry and Dex's amateur internet show.

They arrive in Red Fox pretending to be married and expecting nothing but an annoying poltergeist to deal with. Of course it wouldn't be that easy. Soon enough, our aspiring ghost-hunters are immersed in Navajo myths come to reality. Skinwalkers! *wink*

Very simply put, I am head over heels in love with this series. Dear self-control, please, please, prevent me from reading the entire series in two weeks.